Marbleizing paper and fabric dates to the twelfth century where the craft originated in Japan and eventually found its way through Asia, Turkey and into Europe. Ink floating of the surface of a water bath is carefully manipulated by a brush, straw, or stick, and then a sheet of absorbent paper is carefully laid onto the water surface to capture the floating design. Just like no drop of ink nor stroke of the wrist can be the same, neither will any piece of marbleized paper be, thus creating a unique and elegant offering of paper goods.
- Includes three boxes each with 16 place cards (48 cards total). Each card 3.25"L x 1.75"H when folded; 3.25" x 3.25" when flat
- Marbelized Paper - Blue (Other colors available separately!)
- Our tented place cards are perfect for entertaining, parties, and weddings. They are made of stiff stock so they are easy to fold and tent.
- Heirloom Quality - Expertly hand crafted and hand finished
- Due to the hand crafted nature of this piece, each piece may have subtle differences.