From award winning African artist Namukolo Makutu, our beautiful pillows are handcrafted from authentic, colorful Shweshwe fabrics and one of a kind batiks, block prints, and stencils. Each pillow features traditional African designs in a design that will never be replicated, with bold, vivid colors and geometric patterns. This pillow includes a variety of African animals and other traditional imagery. The large but practical size makes them perfect as floor cushions, or stunning on a sofa. Other styles sold separately.
- 30" square. Accommodates one 26" square pillow insert (not included)
- Handcrafted 100% Cotton with Denim Backing
- Machine wash gentle cycle. Zipper on back.
- Heirloom Quality - Expertly hand crafted and hand finished. Due to the hand crafted nature of this piece, each piece may have subtle differences.
- Themba is the Zulu word for "Hope", and each item in this collection is handcrafted by artisans in Africa as a sustainable way to support their family and community. Each is responsibly and sustainably sourced at a living wage from African craftsmen. Our Mukutu collection is hand printed and beautifully sewn by renowned Sotho artist Namukolo Mukutu, who draws on her own heritage and traditional Shweshe experience to make one of a kind works of textile art. Because of the genuinely handcrafted nature of each piece, no two are exactly alike, and minor imperfections are part of the authentic nature of these non-manufactured items.