Timeless and elegant, our authentic Sotho weavings are stunning as wall art. This weaving depicts a mother carrying her baby in the traditional tribal manner. The colors are deep and rich, with tones of red, brown, blue, and beige. The craftsmanship of each weaving is superb, and each is thickly woven to withstand the test of time.
- Tapestry dimensions: 39"H x 25.2"L . With attached hanger: 47.7"H x 36.2"L.
- Hand Loomed Mohair with Wood and Jute Hanger
- Hand loomed and hand dyed by traditional Sotho weavers from Angora goat mohair.
- Heirloom Quality - Expertly hand crafted and hand finished. Due to the hand crafted nature of this piece, each piece may have subtle differences.
- Themba is the Zulu word for "Hope", and each item in this collection is handcrafted by artisans in Africa as a sustainable way to support their family and community. Each is responsibly and sustainably sourced at a living wage from African craftsmen. Our Sotho weavings are part of a project which employs nearly one hundred women, many of whom are the sole breadwinners in their families. Because of the genuinely handcrafted nature of each piece, no two are exactly alike, and minor imperfections are part of the authentic nature of these non-manufactured items.